Our Food Hub is the perfect response in these critical times. As a resilient and efficient model of distribution, Outer Aisle is at the hub for bringing eaters, growers and makers together to meet the needs of our communities. Please read our COVID-19 protective measures we are taking here.
We have reached a pivotal moment in Outer Aisle’s 28 year history. A long slow tortoise like trajectory in pioneering organic produce in our region has finally risen to it’s full potential. Our commitment to evolving Outer Aisle Food Hub’s “far-sighted” model of a regional food distribution network is now poised to reach a critical mass. This has the potential to ignite a local food revolution and become a prominent business model for the 21st century. Please read our latest blog on this very subject.
OUR BI-WEEKLY PRODUCE DELIVERY SYSTEM OFFERS:
- An organic fresh seasonal box of produce bi-weekly (every other week), year-round, and in 3 different sizes
- On-line Farmigo software handles: vacation settings, secure payments options, subscription changes, and web store ordering
- Personal shopper option ($5 fee) – no set box but access to list and web-store. Please note that your wish list may not be able to be filled due to regular box customers taking priority during this COVID-19 pandemic
- Convenient drop off points in Calaveras, Tuolumne, Alpine and Amador counties
- Home delivery service to homes on our route ($10 per house/$5 per neighborhood) – subject to admin approval
- Access to our extensive add-on list and web-store of basic health giving foods: proteins, eggs, cheese, nuts and other items.
Our suppliers are farmers like us who care deeply about the health of our soils and our bodies. We are excited to re-launch our Web-store offering local items and basics from high quality frozen proteins, bulk produce to local walnuts and olives. As we contact local farmers and producers we will be offering new items.
Create an account using the Personal Shopper Option. It’s free and you’ll be in the loop with our system and our offerings. We just re-launched our Webstore where a growing list of proteins, dry goods, cheeses and other items are now available to either go with your produce box or ordered through our Personal Shopper option. This option gives you the most flexibility with the unique ability to build your own box ($40 minimum order with a $5 shopper fee applies.) Also new service during these stay at home times is our house delivery service – please inquire. OuterAisle@gmail.com
As a watershed moment your commitment to our Food Hub ensures that a robust food security network is in place in our communities stronger and better than before.
A regular delivery ensures that you and your family are cooking and eating fresh produce full of nutrition and life on a constant basis. Knowing where your food comes from and how it is handled, what care goes into growing it and the connection gained from such knowledge is invaluable in today’s “fast food culture”.
As farmers for over 28 years we know quality, variety and seasonality like the back of our hands. Our growing methods, care of the land and soil, saving seed and selecting the tastiest of varieties has nurtured a “foodie” revival that many can’t live without.
We have heard from many subscribers that getting their CSA box of produce is the highlight of the week and delightfully reminds them of opening up a present, excited to see what gems are hidden inside. To sum it up, a member wrote: “Since getting vegetables and fruit from Outer Aisle I have changed the way I choose my weekly menus. I used to select recipes then go to the store for ingredients. Now I get the ingredients and plan my meals according to what is fresh, seasonal and local. This has allowed me to widen the scope of my culinary experience and to incorporate different elements that I may not have used in the past.”
BOX SIZE SELECTIONS:
Standard Bi-weekly Fruit & Vegetables ($40)
Standard Bi-weekly Vegetables Only ($40):
Foodies Box ($60)
Personal Shopper Option: $40 minimum with $5.00 handling fee per order
Box fee of $1 per delivery is charged to cover the cost of the box.
PICKUP POINTS: Thursday bi-weekly (every other)
Don’t see a pickup spot near you? Please inquire – we are always adding new pickup points. We also do private residences for those less mobile for an extra $10 (they must be on our route to qualify for this extra service).
- Achieving Balance Chiropractic, Martell
- Scott Harvey Wines, Sutter Creek
- Health Habit, Valley Springs
- Moke Hill Residence drop
- Resource Connection, San Andreas
- Calaveras Lumber, Angels Camp
- Saddlecreek, Copperopolis Private Home
- Outer Aisle Venue
- SNAC, Arnold
- Bear Valley
- Moke Hill Private Home
- Mountain Sage, Groveland
- Twain Harte Fitness, Twain Harte
- Sonora Sport and Fitness, East Sonora
- Smith Chiropractic, Downtown Sonora
- Condor Engineering, Columbia
- 7th Day Adventist Residential Housing
- SRMC (only for employees)
- Dr Jaggy’s Holistic Center, Columbia
Simply log into your account using your email and password and set a vacation, change a subscription or location.
We are an obligation free service. Upon sign-up if you should choose to do the recurring payment option the software program is set up to pay one time ahead. If you should wish to cancel your subscription then please notice us by email or phone. If there is any credit on your account we will mail you a check.
SIGN UP using our online accounting system called Farmigo. The system will set you up with an account, link a recurring payment for ultimate ease, allow you to set vacations and change your subscription. You can also call Christine at 209/728-9112 and even sign up over the phone.