- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat (or butter, or olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, chopped
- Place apricots in a bowl with warm water and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain apricots and set aside, discarding water.
- Wash and dry Brussels sprouts. Slice thinly using either a knife or the disk attachment of your food processor.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add walnuts, agitating occasionally. Toast until they darken in color a bit and become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, melt bacon fat (or oil of your choice). Add the Brussels sprouts, salt, pepper, persimmon, and apricots, stirring well, cooking just until the Brussels sprouts turn bright green and are tender to the bite, about 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot.