Are you loving that buttery zucchini as much as we are? Here’s a great recipe that takes all but 5 minutes to prepare.
- 4 slices of rustic, whole wheat bread
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil to medium high heat. Add summer squash, rosemary, salt and pepper and saute until squash is cooked and golden in places. Remove from pan. If using, add the tomatoes to the hot skillet and stir until tomatoes are warm and soft. Remove from heat.
Spread 1 oz of goat cheese onto each slice of bread. Arrange summer squash and tomatoes over the top of the goat cheese. Serve tartines warm.