This recipe is all about your personal taste. Nothing in this recipe is exact; so lay on the flavor where you love it most. I love foods that satisfy my love for sweet, nutty, creamy and pungent but I most of all love this wrap for its freshness and unique complexity. Packed with flavor, this raw wrap could turn a person vegan.
- Handful of sundried tomatoes
- Avocado, sliced
- Dash of fresh dill
- Golden raisins
- Sprinkle of pine nuts
- A handful of green onion
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A pinch of himalayan salt
Prepare 1-2 wraps per person depending on the size of the wrap
- Start by rehydrating/softening the sundried tomatoes and slice to 1/2″ x 2″ pieces (leave in warm water for 1 minute)
- Remove the tough inner stems from the chard and criss-cross the “wings” created through that process to ensure full coverage when you roll up the wrap.
- Place 2-3 avocado slices and softened tomato into each leaf
- Drizzle oil over avocado and tomato
- Sprinkle on raisins, green onion, dill, and pine nuts. Finish with a slight bit of himalayan salt.
- Roll as tightly as possible. Secure with toothpicks if needed and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Sweet & Savory Chard Wrap”
Confusing. Criss-cross what wings? I still see the stems on the photo. Why not say cut the stems off where the leaves thin out lower on the stems?
Sorry for the confusion. There are several different methods of de-stemming or softening the leaf to ensure ease in wrapping with the leaf. You will need to soften or remove the stem so that it does not crack as you bend it. Removing it altogether (by cutting along it’s edge about halfway up where the leaf begins) means that you get only the best of the texture of the leaf and not the stringy bitter stem. The “wings” are the new divided ends of the leaf from the stem removal. If you criss-cross them over each other, you ensure full coverage down the middle of the wrap.
Other methods include:
-removing half of the stem along the whole leaf (see in the directions for this other wrap recipe)
-lightly steaming the leaves before using